Course Syllabus and Assessment Matrix
ENG 201 – Technical Report Writing is a third-semester ESP course designed for students in the final year of the Associate Degree Program. This course solely focuses on writing reports. It aims at developing and enhancing students’ ability to plan, draft and produce a wide range of reports used throughout the professional world and to improve their effectiveness by incorporating graphics, visuals and other element.
Upon successful completion of this course, the students should be able to:
- produce appropriate visuals aids/graphics (graphs and charts)
- incident reports
- write trip reports
- progress reports
- write meeting minutes
- write resumes for specific jobs
- write application letters for specific jobs.
Course Learning Outcomes:
The students will be able to
- Write reports about incidents at work, following workplace standards.
- Write trip reports for record-keeping purposes
- Write progress reports to show work completed and work to be completed
- Write the minutes of meetings
- Organize information and present effectively in reports.
- Write resumes for specific jobs.
- Write application letter to apply for jobs.
- Work in teams to complete specific projects.
- Demonstrate accountability, responsibility, positive interdependence and simultaneous interaction in carrying out assigned tasks within a team
- Develop autonomy through task-based activities.
- Write long-form project reports